Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Consumers over bots: Why site crawlers don’t hold all the answers
Jul 13, 2017 by David Freeman
Site crawlers are valuable tools in the SEO toolbox, but columnist David Freeman warns that search marketers should not use them as a replacement for manual analysis.
- SEM growth hack #4: Grow ROI with cross-channel optimization
Jul 13, 2017 by Lori Weiman
Columnist Lori Weiman explains how a holistic, cross-channel strategy can help search marketers direct their efforts towards the channel where they will have the greatest impact.
- Rented media: When paid and owned media combine
Jul 13, 2017 by Victor Wong
As the lines between martech and ad tech continue to blur, owned media and paid media are intersecting. Contributor Victor Wong points to social, email and web presence channels as highlighting the trend.
- Custom, dynamic email is giving marketers and readers what they want: hyper-personalized messages
Jul 13, 2017 by Scott Heimes
How do we reach hyper-personalization? Columnist Scott Heimes believes building an email-based app, along with great content and timing, is key to earning email readers’ loyalty.
- YouTube ad views drop in June with No. 1 #MoreThanARefugee at 16M views
Jul 13, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
In May, the top spot from Clash of Clans generated more than 87 million views.
- LinkedIn starts letting people natively upload videos that play automatically
Jul 13, 2017 by Tim Peterson
In addition to letting some users upload videos, LinkedIn will share viewership stats, including information about viewers’ companies and job titles.
- SMX East agenda is now live! Check out the SEO & SEM sessions in store for you.
Jul 13, 2017 by Marketing Land
Feed your obsession for SEO & SEM with actionable and proven tactics by attending Search Engine Land’s SMX East, October 24-26 in New York City. The agenda is packed with 50+ sessions and led by search marketing experts in paid search advertising, search engine optimization, conversion and analytics, social media and much more.
- How to ask survey questions of liars and pretenders
Jul 13, 2017 by Brian Massey
It’s easy enough to use a survey to test out a website or campaign, but how do you know if the answers you get are truthful? Columnist Brian Massey helps you weed out the pretenders among your participants.
- Google wins French court decision, won’t have to pay $1.3 billion in back taxes
Jul 13, 2017 by Greg Sterling
It’s a big win, but the French government has vowed to appeal the decision.
- CommuteStream now offers native ads for dozens of transit apps around the US
Jul 13, 2017 by Barry Levine
The Chicago-based company, which says it is the only one specializing in ads for these kinds of apps, is expanding its markets and going beyond banners.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues
The post Marketing Day: Dynamic email, YouTube’s top ads in June & LinkedIn video appeared first on On Page SEO Checker.