Tuesday 29 November 2016

Google My Business tests a messaging feature to chat with your customers

google-small-local-my-business-ss-1920

Google My Business has posted in their help documents about a new pilot program where some businesses can chat with their customers directly via the local knowledge graph panel.

There is a new “message” button added to your local listing on Google, that is added when you are in this test feature. The message button will initiate a chat between your business and the searcher. Google said that “Google My Business allows you to chat directly with customers who find your business listing on Google Search.”

Google said they sent some businesses emails “inviting you to participate in the pilot.” If you have not been invited, you will not have access to this feature.

Here is a screen shot of the message button in the local panel on Google:

google-my-business-messaging

The messaging goes through the businesses SMS number or via Google Allo.

For more details on this, please check out the Google help document.

Go to Source
Author: Barry Schwartz

The post Google My Business tests a messaging feature to chat with your customers appeared first on On Page SEO Checker.



source http://www.onpageseochecker.com/google-my-business-tests-a-messaging-feature-to-chat-with-your-customers/

No comments:

Post a Comment