Wednesday 28 December 2016

Google Misinforming Webmasters That Their Page Is Not Mobile Friendly

In April, Google began showing a warning label in the search results to the owner of the web site if their pages were not mobile friendly. So if you were a verified Search Console user for a site and a page showed up in the search results and that page was not mobile friendly, Google would add a label for you in the snippet that reads “your page is not mobile-friendly.”

But recently, that label has been wrong for many pages.

I noticed it yesterday when I published the on the Nonsecure Collection Of Passwords In Chrome notice. In Google it shows me that the page is not mobile friendly – but it is.

Here is the screen shot from the search results – they still show as not mobile friendly to me this morning:

click for full size

But the mobile friendly testing tool shows it as mobile friendly:

The site is a mobile friendly site, so all new content is mobile friendly. In fact, other stories don’t show up with the label for me (at least the ones I spot checked).

I am not the only one who saw this. Jennifer Slegg spotted this also for her site and so did others.

I wonder if this is a weird bug or something else going on? I honestly thought by the next day it would show fine, but it still does not.

Forum discussion at Twitter.

Go to Source
Author: barry@rustybrick.com (Barry Schwartz)

The post Google Misinforming Webmasters That Their Page Is Not Mobile Friendly appeared first on On Page SEO Checker.



source http://www.onpageseochecker.com/google-misinforming-webmasters-that-their-page-is-not-mobile-friendly/

No comments:

Post a Comment