Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Watch: Facebook previews its first social VR product, Facebook Spaces
Apr 18, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook demoed its first, full-fledged virtual reality product at its annual developer conference, F8.
- Facebook Messenger makes chatbots easier to find and use with new Discover tab, Chat Extensions
Apr 18, 2017 by Tim Peterson
“We have a shot at becoming the Yellow Pages of messaging apps,” says Facebook’s Messenger boss, David Marcus.
- Listen to your mother: Win Mother’s Day with humor and timing
Apr 18, 2017 by Purna Virji
Advertisers, have you put together your Mother’s Day strategy yet? Columnist Purna Virji from Bing has some tips for capturing searchers looking to celebrate their moms.
- Going global: Common sense considerations too commonly ignored
Apr 18, 2017 by Brendan McGonigle
If you only advertise in the United States, you’re missing out on billions of potential customers. But before you enter the international PPC market, consider this advice from columnist Brendan McGonigle.
- Making the case for mobile site optimizations: Who doesn’t want an extra $13K?
Apr 18, 2017 by Carrie Albright
These days, the question isn’t whether we should invest in mobile but to what extent. Columnist Carrie Albright explains how marketers can make the case for greater investment in mobile optimization.
- Samsung owned half of the 92.5M total views generated by YouTube’s top 10 ads in March
Apr 18, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
With two spots ranking No. 1 and No. 3, Samsung pulled a combined 46.5 million video views.
- 6 ways that IBM Watson is changing digital marketing
Apr 18, 2017 by Barry Levine
The remote availability of “genius-as-a-service” profoundly changes how demand is generated, sales are made and customers are kept.
- Your programmatic platform has an expiration date
Apr 18, 2017 by Dini Mehta
Technologies built to reach desktop internet users may not be capable of effectively handling our multi-device and cross-platform environment. Contributor Dini Mehta tells marketers what they should be looking for in a modern solution.
- Sanity check: One year until GDPR
Apr 18, 2017 by Todd Ruback
On May 25, 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will go into effect. Is your company prepared? Columnist Todd Ruback explains how to start taking action.
- Survey: Consumers willing to share personal data for deals, better customer service
Apr 18, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Only 15 percent were interested in “targeted ads,” and 31 percent were unwilling to share personal data for any reason.
- How to market your brand using interactive native content
Apr 18, 2017 by Jane Loring
Have you tapped into the power of interactive native content? If the idea is still new to you, take a look at contributor Jane Loring’s unique, interactive foray into the opportunities it can offer for your marketing campaigns.
- See who attends MarTech… and why you should too!
Apr 17, 2017 by Marketing Land
One of the questions we get frequently is “who goes to MarTech?” Makes sense. You want to know if there will be others like you to meet, share ideas and make valuable professional connections when deciding to invest in attending. The overwhelming majority of attendees are managers with marketing-decision responsibilities.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Display & Contextual Advertising
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- 3 “Must Do” Initial Tests on Facebook Advertising, 3Q Digital
- Facebook’s News Literacy Advice Is Harmful to News Literacy, Medium
- How In-Stream Video Ads on Twitter help marketers tell their story , Twitter
- How to Use Social Media Activism to Build Your Brand, Adweek
- Instagram Influencer Marketing Hits the $1 Billion Mark, Small Biz Trends
- Multi-Channel Mastery: 5 Easy Ways to Squeeze More Profits from Your Facebook Ads, Kiss Metrics
- Snapchat Advertising: Is It Working? New Research, Social Media Examiner
- Snapchat Expands Its Face-Swapping Lenses Beyond Selfies to the Real World, Adweek
- The Ultimate Guide to Facebook Messenger Ads, The AdStage Blog
- Understanding the Internet Backlash Over Snapchat, AdAge
- Why Snapchat Might Be the Next Twitter (Not in a Good Way), AdAge
- Young Women Are Still Loyal to Snapchat, Despite the Allure of Instagram Stories, Adweek
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues
The post Marketing Day: News from Facebook’s F8, YouTube’s top March ads & IBM Watson appeared first on On Page SEO Checker.