Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Apple expanding successful Search Ads to three new English-speaking markets
Apr 19, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Ads will begin serving in the UK, Australia and New Zealand on April 25.
- Google Home can now support and distinguish up to six separate users
Apr 20, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The new feature, which rolls out today, enables multiple users to receive personalized results.
- Google tests ‘suggested clip’ in search results where video jumps directly to the answer
Apr 20, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
Google wants to help you skip video introductions when searching for “how to” queries and jump you directly to the answer in the video.
- 2017 SEM growth hacks: Monster growth from brand protection
Apr 20, 2017 by Lori Weiman
Are your competitors bidding on your branded terms and driving up your CPCs? If so, what can you do? In part 1 of her multi-part series on brand protection, columnist Lori Weiman provides some advice on how to make your brand terms work for you, even when the competition is fierce.
- SEO & intelligent content: Discovery, connection and improved performance
Apr 20, 2017 by Jim Yu
Jim Yu explains how search data can be used to better understand your customers, allowing you to create targeted, “intelligent” content that will really move the needle.
- Obsessed with SEO & SEM? Meet thousands of others like you at SMX Advanced
Apr 20, 2017 by Search Engine Land
Search marketers have been flocking to SMX Advanced and selling the conference out for 10 years running. Their shared obsession for search makes SMX Advanced the annual must-attend tribal meeting. Why should you attend? SMX Advanced is the only conference that caters to experienced search professionals. The agenda is packed with sessions focused on SEO […]
- Preparing for local reach in a ‘post-rank’ world, Part 2: Create content for local research
Apr 20, 2017 by Megan Hannay
Columnist Megan Hannay takes a look at why big brands need to create in-depth local content to boost local reach, even in a world of “instant answers.”
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search
Go to Source
Author: Barry Schwartz
The post SearchCap: Google Home users, Apple expands search ads & Google suggested video clips appeared first on On Page SEO Checker.