This afternoon Apple announced revenue of $52.9 billion, which was up vs. last year but short of analyst expectations of $53 billion. However, the company beat earnings per share expectations by $0.08.
Apple sold just under 51 million iPhones in the quarter vs. expectations of roughly 53 million. Here are device numbers:
- iPhones: 50.8 million units, $33.2 billion in revenue
- iPad: 8.9 million units, $3.9 billion in revenue
- Macs: 4.1 million units, $5.8 billion in revenue
- Services (including Apple Pay, Apple Care): $7 billion in revenue
- Other (including Apple TV, Apple Watch, Beats products): $2.9 billion in revenue
International sales were roughly 61 percent of total revenue. Gross margins were 38.9 percent, slightly above Wall Street expectations. The Americas, Europe and Greater China were the company’s top markets, in that order.
Apple provided Q3 revenue guidance of between $43.5 billion and $45.5 billion.
Go to Source
Author: Greg Sterling
The post Apple’s $52.9B in revenue slightly misses estimates, but earnings beat expectations appeared first on On Page SEO Checker.