Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 2017 SEM growth hacks: Gain monster paid search growth using competitive data
May 18, 2017 by Lori Weiman
How can you use competitive data to improve your paid search campaigns? In Part 2 of her multipart series on SEM growth hacks, columnist Lori Weiman explains how competitive ad monitoring helps marketers make more informed strategic decisions.
- The anatomy of ad copy relevance: The new Google standard
May 18, 2017 by Jason Puckett
Columnist Jason Puckett discusses how today’s most advanced advertisers are implementing sophisticated ad copy at scale across their accounts.
- Mobile is not the only channel to the customer, but it’s the most powerful one
May 18, 2017 by Josh Todd
Columnist Josh Todd makes the case for using your mobile data to inform every part of your digital marketing strategy and strengthen your relationship with your customers.
- Relevance vs. authority: Which link has more value? (Part 3)
May 18, 2017 by Andrew Dennis
In the third and final installment of his series on authority versus relevance in link building, columnist Andrew Dennis shares insights from experts who believe that the better metric depends on the situation.
- Facebook will live-stream 20 MLB games starting tomorrow
May 18, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Twitter won’t be the only social network broadcasting a Major League Baseball game tomorrow night.
- Skimlinks can now ‘pre-target’ users down to a product category
May 18, 2017 by Barry Levine
The London-based company now offers segments of users interested in buying a given kind of product, even if they’ve only read about it and not clicked on a link to buy.
- Salesforce makes Einstein a bit smarter in its Commerce Cloud
May 18, 2017 by Barry Levine
The company has enhanced its customer-based Predictive Sorting, plus updated Order Management to better support ‘order online/pickup at store.’
- Google adds more ads to Play Store, and other app ads news from I/O
May 18, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The company says its ads have driven five billion app installs.
May 17, 2017 by Tim Peterson
As it begins to store people’s off-Twitter browsing data for longer, the company adds new data controls and ends Do Not Track support.
- What to look for in a paid media campaign management tool
May 17, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Paid search, mobile, display/banner ads, and social media advertising lead an expanding group of paid media that are now being managed by paid media campaign management platforms. This report examines the current market for enterprise paid campaign management platforms and the considerations involved in implementing paid media software.
- 3 key takeaways from MarTech San Francisco 2017
May 17, 2017 by Sheldon Monteiro
Contributor Sheldon Monteiro insightfully wraps up the key themes of last week’s meeting of the martech minds.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- 3 Must-Use Tools to Curate Your Twitter Testimonials, Internet Marketing Ninjas
- 4 Common Mistakes That Cripple Your Social Marketing Efforts, Social Media Explorer
- 50 Most Creative Instagram Bio Ideas for Business Users, Small Biz Trends
- 7 Social Media Metrics Marketers Should Track, Social Media Examiner
- 7 Tips for Increasing Social Media Engagement, Problogger
- Branded Pinterest Posts Now Include an Icon That Gives Marketers a Quick Glimpse at Measurement, Adweek
- Facebook’s Ad Juggernaut Approaches Middle Age, eMarketer
- How Facebook is wooing luxury brands, Digiday
- How to Craft the Perfect Post on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, The Buffer Blog
- How to Create Conditional Answers for Facebook Lead Ad Forms, Jon Loomer Digital
- LinkedIn Unveils Second Annual Top Companies List, Official LinkedIn Blog
- Social Media Marketing Report: Does Your Engagement Measure Up?, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- The 8 Social Media Growth Statistics CMOs Must See, MediaKix
- The Top Social Media Trends In 2017 (And How They Can Help You), Jeff Bullas
- What Facebook Advertisers Are Doing Wrong, Unbounce
- What Social Media Platform Fits for You?, CopyPressed
- 4 Ways to Make Them Hate Your Pre-Roll Ad Less, AdAge
- Big Tech Dominates Viral Video Chart, AdAge
- Important Things to Know about YouTube Shopping Campaigns, The AdStage Blog
- Marketers Want More Video. What Else Is New?, Contently
- Soon you’ll be able to voice chat with YouTube commenters in VR, TechCrunch
- The Live Blog: May 15, 2017, Facebook Media
- The UK’s video consumption habits, in 5 charts, Digiday
- YouTube mobile streaming is open to all, no longer has a subscriber requirement, Android Police
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues