Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Paid search trends from Merkle’s Q1 report
May 1, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Shopping ads are becoming more important for retailers, the new text ad format isn’t driving CTR increases, and more findings.
- Google’s Chrome will add new ‘Not secure’ warnings later this year
May 1, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
Have a search box or form on your website that runs over HTTP? You might want to switch your pages over to HTTPS by October.
- The future of local discovery
May 1, 2017 by Brian Smith
Columnist Brian Smith discusses some of the recent developments and technology that will impact local search, both in the short term and the long term.
- Keyword tiering: A systematic way to juggle your AdWords priorities
May 1, 2017 by Jacob Baadsgaard
Columnist Jacob Baadsgaard explains how assigning paid search keywords into different tiers based on performance allows search marketers to quickly make adjustments that can have a huge impact on their business.
- How to unlock marketing’s creative side for martech success
May 1, 2017 by Scott Vaughan
Marketing technology is essential to achieving business outcomes, but many marketers feel intimidated or put off by it. Columnist Scott Vaughan argues that to truly maximize martech’s business impact, we need to make it more more accessible, creative and even fun for marketers.
- What your paid search KPI says about you
May 1, 2017 by Andy Taylor
Every advertiser measures success based on key performance indicators (KPIs) that they deem relevant. Columnist Andy Taylor asks, What do your chosen KPIs say about your priorities?
- 10 experts advise how to powerfully pair growth marketing with SaaS product development
May 1, 2017 by Ben Jacobson
Contributor Ben Jacobson taps 10 software gurus to reveal how SaaS marketers can bake marketing right into their products.
- Why your explainer video matters to your B2B customers
May 1, 2017 by Alexander Kesler
Explainer videos are an essential asset for B2B marketers. Columnist Alexander Kesler shares tips for crafting powerful explainer videos that will bring your brand higher conversions.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- “Facebook Rewards” QR codes dangle discounts for offline purchases, TechCrunch
- 15 Inspiring & Actionable Social Media Marketing Tips, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- 5 Key Elements of the Perfect Facebook Ad, The Buffer Blog
- Facebook created a new data network to lessen impact on user traffic, VentureBeat
- Facebook’s Connected TV Ambition Meets a Reluctant Industry, AdAge
- How to Recruit Social Influencers Without Spending a Fortune, The AdStage Blog
- How to Set Up a Facebook Messenger Ad, Social Media Examiner
- Jump into National Small Business Week by Learning a New Skill, Facebook for Business
- Snapchat Waves Goodbye to White Border Around Older Photos From Memories, Adweek
- Social Media Etiquette for Our Hyper-Partisan Era, CMS Wire
- Social Media Is the New Television, Adweek
- Why There Is No Best Time to Post on Social Media – Here’s Why, Stone Temple
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues
The post Marketing Day: Paid search trends, the future of local discovery & more appeared first on On Page SEO Checker.