Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Snap Ads Max Reach is Snapchat’s version of the home page takeover
May 2, 2017 by Tim Peterson
For one day, advertisers can get their vertical video ads seen by all US viewers of Snapchat’s various Stories formats.
- YouTube invites users to give feedback on its upcoming redesign
May 2, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
The new look and feel will be based on Material Design principles of simplicity, consistency and beauty.
- Study: Q1 Google Display Network placements
May 2, 2017 by Ted Ives
Are you utilizing the Google Display Network in AdWords? Contributor Ted Ives shares some data on which site categories perform best.
- How to optimize for voice search
May 2, 2017 by Sherry Bonelli
Inspired by a recent presentation at SMX West, columnist Sherry Bonelli discusses why small businesses and local search marketers need to be thinking about voice search.
- How martech is working to solve the consumer identity crisis
May 2, 2017 by Barry Levine
From machine learning to biometrics and blockchains, marketing technology companies aim to improve how they verify consumer identities.
- Don’t miss SMX Advanced this year. Register now & save $400!
May 2, 2017 by Marketing Land
The 10th edition of SMX Advanced, promises once again to deliver fast-paced, Q&A-packed sessions that don’t stop to cover the basics. Less than 40% of tickets are left and are going fast. Reserve your seat now before prices increase Saturday, May 13.
- Google AdSense now allows 300×250 ads above the fold on mobile
May 2, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The change will increase viewability rates for the popular ad size.
- User-generated content: What your brand can learn from Spotify
May 2, 2017 by Jason Warnock
Columnist Jason Warnock explains how you can take a page from Spotify’s powerful UGC-based campaigns and incorporate them into your brand’s marketing strategy.
- About.com changes name to Dotdash to complete year-long rebrand
May 2, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Cue Jay-Z’s “Public Service Announcement,” because About.com is finally ready to reintroduce itself.
- Twitter debuts slate of a dozen live shows, 24/7 channels at NewFronts event
May 1, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Twitter picks up live programming from media companies including Bloomberg, BuzzFeed, Live Nation and Vox Media.
- Buyer’s Guide: Content marketing tools
May 1, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Managing the volume of marketing content that needs to be created, distributed, analyzed, and managed has become complicated, time consuming and costly for many marketing organizations. Automating these processes – or partnering with a content marketing vendor that provides content creation services – can provide numerous benefits.
- Time’s up! MarTech is here and it’s your last chance to attend
May 1, 2017 by Marketing Land
In just one week, the world’s largest independent marketing technology conference designed for senior-level marketers and marketing technology professionals happens at MarTech in San Francisco, May 9-11. The show is programmed with one specific goal: to illuminate successful real-world practices at the intersection of marketing, technology, and management.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- 11 Social Media Updates You Might Have Missed, Search Engine Journal
- 15 Experts Reveal How To Explode Your Organic Facebook Reach, Jeff Bullas
- 3 Ways to Use Instagram Stories Ads for Business, Social Media Examiner
- 5 Facebook Advertising Mistakes Far Too Many Brands Make, Adweek
- Anatomy of a social media influencer, Digiday
- Facebook Marketplace Has a New Look, Adweek
- Having a Preparedness Plan for Social Storms, Conversocial
- Here’s How to Tag Pages on Facebook, Adweek
- How Twitter Can Bring You Top Talent, Crazy Egg
- Reasons for and Benefits of Using Social Media Listening Tools, MarketingProfs
- Social Proof: 18 Incredible Ideas to Boost Your Brand Image on Social Media, The Buffer Blog
- Transparency Report about Government Requests for Member Data: Second Half of 2016, Official LinkedIn Blog
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues
The post Marketing Day: Snap Ads Max Reach, YouTube redesign & Google AdSense appeared first on On Page SEO Checker.