Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 4 critical areas to consider when performing AdWords audits
May 15, 2017 by Matt Umbro
AdWords audits are a great way to win business and check on the health of an account, but columnist Matt Umbro notes that there are some aspects of an audit that are easily overlooked or underexplored. Don’t make these mistakes!
- SEO vs. PPC: Pros, cons & an integrated approach
May 15, 2017 by Marcus Miller
Not sure whether your business would benefit more from paid or organic search marketing efforts? Columnist Marcus Miller breaks them both down, providing insight into where they fit within your larger marketing plan.
- New RLSA Strategies for Search Marketers
May 15, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Search advertising is quickly becoming personal – as mobile dominates desktop and keywords are only part of the equation. If you’re not using RLSAs – Remarketing Lists for Search Ads – you are missing out on a key opportunity to make highly targeted, personalized ads an important part of your paid search strategy.
- Snapchat’s Sponsored Lenses can now be targeted with guarantees, work as World Lenses
May 15, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Audience-targeted Sponsored Lenses can now be bought on a guaranteed basis and paired with the non-selfie variety.
- A smarter approach to ‘back to school’ marketing
May 15, 2017 by James Green
Columnist James Green explains why marketers need to evolve from a decades-old traditional paradigm and instead view back-to-school marketing as a year-round strategy.
- What does it mean to ‘be bold for change?’
May 15, 2017 by Yael Baifus
At a recent Janes of Digital event, contributor Yael Baifus comes away with a new understanding of being bold for change and explains how you can apply it to your own digital marketing career.
- Google now blocking ads on specific pages, rather than entire sites, for AdSense policy violations
May 15, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
A new policy center gives AdSense publishers more information about actions and how to fix them.
- Let’s get visual: Shopping from within images
May 12, 2017 by Christi Olson
Columnist Christi Olson outlines exciting developments that bring image search and shopping together to enhance the search experience for users.
- What can legacy media teach us about programmatic’s future?
May 12, 2017 by Chuck Moran
Digital technologies revolutionized the way we consume media, but columnist Chuck Moran wonders if there are some elements of old media (print, TV) that advertisers might take back if we could.
- The future of B2B marketing: ABM and AI
May 12, 2017 by Peter Isaacson
Columnist Peter Isaacson believes Account-Based Marketing and artificial intelligence hold big promise for bringing B2B marketers closer to delivering personal, one-to-one customer experiences.
- VoiceLabs launches audio ads for Alexa skills
May 12, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Company is seeing a lot of advertiser demand from CPG companies, says CEO.
- Start Listening! 7 Real-World Tips for Better Social Engagement
May 12, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Pepsi… Fox News… Uber. Look at recent headlines, and you’ll see the impact social media can have on a brand. In today’s 24/7 news cycle, responding quickly and appropriately to customers on social media can be the difference between success and disaster.
- Relevance vs. authority: Which link has more value? (Part 2)
May 12, 2017 by Andrew Dennis
In part two of his three-part series on authority versus relevance in link building, columnist Andrew Dennis hears from experts who favor authority.
- Canonical tags are easy, right? What’s the worst that could happen?
May 12, 2017 by Patrick Stox
Columnist Patrick Stox outlines when to use the canonical tag, as well as some common problems that occur during implementation.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- 10 Tips to Troubleshoot Your Facebook Ads, Social Media Examiner
- 4 Facebook Ad Features You’re Probably Overlooking, Clix Marketing PPC Blog | Clix Marketing PPC Blog
- Are You Taking Advantage of Facebook’s Small Business Council?, Small Biz Trends
- Facebook Is Automatically Adding Images, Links From Landing Pages to Canvas Ads, Adweek
- How to Join, Participate In and Host Twitter Chats Like A Pro, Jeff Bullas
- Pinterest Is Hosting 4 Free Webinars for Advertisers, Adweek
- Showcasing Social Good through Social Media, Practical Ecommerce
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media Giveaway Campaigns, Simply Measured
- The secrets of viral publishers succeeding on social, NewsWhip
- Twitter Can Now Use Nielsen Digital Ad Ratings to Measure Campaigns in 23 More Countries, Adweek
- Twitter’s Jinen Kamdar Buzzes Off for BuzzFeed, Adweek
- Want in on a Facebook Group? Get ready to take a quiz, The Verge
- 12 Online Tools to Produce Video Content, Practical Ecommerce
- Capture, Then Captivate: the Science and Magic Behind Video Ads That Connect, Adweek
- Facebook cracks down on fake live videos, TechCrunch
- How YouTube latecomer Vox beat the odds and built a big channel, Digiday
- Publishers are using Facebook video to drive commerce revenue, Digiday
- The winners of the US and Canada YouTube NextUp class of 2017 are in!, YouTube Creator Blog
- YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki: Charlie Rose, Bloomberg
- YouTube still has full albums on its platform, and that’s a problem, The Verge
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues
The post Marketing Day: Snapchat’s Sponsored Lenses, a new Google AdSense policy & more appeared first on On Page SEO Checker.