Thursday 8 June 2017

Google: Site In In One Language? No Need To Use hreflang.

The purpose of hreflang is to communicate to Google how they can access different language/region variations of a web page. If your page is only in one language, then there is no need to use hreflang. Common sense, no?

A webmaster asked John Mueller this question and John answered on Twitter that “it doesn’t make any sense to use hreflang if you only have one language / region that you’re targeting.” He said, it is “easy,” don’t bother adding the hreflang to your site because it is unnecessary.

Like this site, I only write in English (if you call it that). If I translated the pages to Hebrew, Spanish, Japanese, sure I should then use hreflang. But I don’t, I write it in one language, so I don’t use hreflang.

Forum discussion at Twitter.

Go to Source
Author: barry@rustybrick.com (Barry Schwartz)

The post Google: Site In In One Language? No Need To Use hreflang. appeared first on On Page SEO Checker.



source http://www.onpageseochecker.com/google-site-in-in-one-language-no-need-to-use-hreflang/

No comments:

Post a Comment