Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Is The SEO Industry Doomed With So Many Departures Recently?
In the past couple months or so, we had some significant departures of key personalities from the SEO industry. First with Danny Sullivan retiring, then with the news around Rand Fishkin leaving Moz and then Matt McGee leaving Search Engine Land…
- Google Adds A Search Box To Dictionary Results & Past Searches
Last week Google added a search box to the dictionary search results answer at the top of the page…
- Webmaster Lost Everything Over Google Ranking Spammy Content?
I just read a really sad message in the ongoing WebmasterWorld thread from a webmaster nicknamed browndog. This user shared that she has lost everything over Google ranking spammy, low quality content…
- Google Pushes AMP Growth Internationally
The folks at RankRanger posted on Twitter two signals that Google is pushing the AMP growth internationally now. AMP results are now showing way more often in the news box internationally…
- Google Tests “See More Results” Button Instead Of “Next” Button
Google is testing a new button in the mobile search results to encourage searchers to click to the second page of the results. Instead of showing a basic grayed out “Next” button…
- Google Chicago Rooftop Subway Train Car
Louis Gray from Google shared photos from his trip to the Google Chicago office last week. Here is the rooftop, you can see a subway car is embedded in the deck up there. I wonder how hot it gets in
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Would Google penalise site, if I blocked it from images or other parts, WebmasterWorld
- Easier way to block comments with links from your videos, YouTube Help
- Google’s been running a test to detect bogus ads — and its find, WebmasterWorld
- AdSense Publisher Policy Violation, WebmasterWorld
Go to Source
Author: email@example.com (Barry Schwartz)