Monday 26 June 2017

Google Related Services Carousel Shows Competitors For Your Brand Name

I am very confident this is not new, but I don’t think I’ve covered this before. If you search for a specific business on mobile, sometimes Google will show the searcher other businesses in similar categories at the bottom of the search results. So if you search for my company on mobile, i.e. [rustybrick] Google will show three carousel boxes at the bottom of the search results.

The boxes are related categories of services and nearby places. In my case, it is showing website designers and internet marketing services, as well as nearby places. Here is a screen shot:

I am just glad they do not show web and mobile development shops, which are the true competitors. My main concern is why not? Does Google think my company’s primary services is basic web design? Do they think we offer marketing services? We do software development, not marketing.

Brent Nau shared an example of this on Twitter with me as well saying “Google showing related local services carousel (not ads). I was shown three sets of related services at bottom of SERPs” Again, I don’t think this is new and comes up fairly often. But I do not think we’ve covered it.

Forum discussion at Twitter.

Go to Source
Author: barry@rustybrick.com (Barry Schwartz)

The post Google Related Services Carousel Shows Competitors For Your Brand Name appeared first on On Page SEO Checker.



source http://www.onpageseochecker.com/google-related-services-carousel-shows-competitors-for-your-brand-name/

No comments:

Post a Comment