Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Is your information architecture costing your e-commerce web shop millions in lost sales?
Jun 2, 2017 by Trond Lyngbø
Solid information architecture is a key ingredient in any successful SEO program, as it can help or hinder search engine crawlers. Columnist Trond Lyngbø provides tips for e-commerce sites looking to optimize their site structure.
- Social bookmarking pioneer Delicious heads to the dead pool
Jun 2, 2017 by Matt McGee
Recently acquired by Pinboard, the site will stay online but will stop taking bookmarks on June 15.
- Don’t be tardy! Back-to-school searching starts in July — plan campaigns now
Jun 2, 2017 by Purna Virji
It’s not too early to start planning your back-to-school campaigns. Columnist Purna Virji from Bing suggests some ways to help you win over back-to-school searchers and stay a step ahead of the competition.
- The marketing career advice that no one gave me
Jun 2, 2017 by Travis Caldwell
According to contributor Travis Caldwell, there are some things you just have to learn the hard way: If you’re not moving up, you’re moving back.
- Google confirms it will start blocking ‘annoying’ ads on Chrome next year
Jun 2, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
A new report will notify publishers when ads on their sites don’t meet the Better Ads Standards and enable them to take action before ads are blocked on their sites.
- Finally getting (Linked)In on the retargeting action
Jun 2, 2017 by Laura Collins
LinkedIn’s official rollout of Matched Audiences in April highlighted new audience targeting options. Columnist Laura Collins explains why retargeting works and why advertisers should be taking advantage of the changes.
- AOL launches SDK-based header bidding for mobile apps
Jun 2, 2017 by Barry Levine
The company says this is the first such offering that lets apps readily jump on the header bidding bandwagon.
- The future (and present) of programmatic TV
Jun 2, 2017 by Grace Kaye
Columnist Grace Kaye takes a look at the current state of programmatic TV advertising and predicts what we can expect to see within the next few years.
- Report: Google’s Chrome ad blocker coming to both PC and mobile ‘within 6 months’
Jun 1, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Ads on sites that don’t follow Coalition for Better Ads guidelines will be blocked.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
- Ad fraud: a guide to detection and combat, 3Q Digital
- Disruptive Marketing to Generation X, Y and Z Q&A, Bing Ads
- Gen Z Power List: Meet the Brands, Platforms and Creators That Teens Love, Adweek
- Has Influencer Marketing Effectively Become Clickbait?, AdAge
- How Green is Your Marketing Strategy?, MarTech Advisor
- The Little-Known Personalization Strategy that’s Taking the Web By Storm (And How to Use It), Kiss Metrics
- The New Revolution of Public Relations and Your Brand, Compukol
- Which Digital Marketing Channels Deliver the Best ROI, MarketingProfs
Internet Marketing Industry
Go to Source
Author: Amy Gesenhues
The post Marketing Day: Google ad-blocking news, LinkedIn’s Matched Audiences & more appeared first on On Page SEO Checker.